- To Volunteer, Contact:
Munleen Soni firstname.lastname@example.org 692 4931
315 Montgomery Street 8th FloorSan Francisco, CA 94104Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 415 692 1484
- Fax: 415 765 1774
- Website: http://www.muslimadvocates.org
Muslim Advocates is seeking applications from attorneys and law graduates whose law
firms will sponsor them to work at public interest law organizations.
Muslim Advocates is a national legal advocacy and educational organization based in San
Francisco, CA. Muslim Advocates' mission is to promote equality, liberty, and justice for all,
regardless of faith, by providing leadership through legal advocacy, policy engagement, and
civic education, and by serving as a legal resource to promote the full and meaningful
participation of Muslims in American public life.
Our strength is working within the system to effect changes in policy and legislation.
Muslim Advocates is working diligently with policy makers at the city, state and national
levels, including the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Department of Justice, and
Department of Treasury and in Congress, providing constructive, solution-oriented
proposals to advance the rights of Muslims and non-Muslims in the United States. We
engage and mobilize Muslim community leaders, national security experts and human
rights advocates. We educate Muslim Americans about the law, their rights, and how to
best protect themselves, their families and community institutions.
Fellows will work under the supervision of the Muslim Advocates Executive Director
and staff attorneys on a broad range of national security issues. Projects will include, but
not be limited to, investigating and tracking complaints, drafting memos, completing
fact research and legal analysis, outreach to the Muslim American community, and
organizing know your rights trainings and educational seminars. Other duties
may be assigned as necessary. Fellows will be based in our office in San Francisco.
- Location of Volunteer Opportunity: San Francisco
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Nonprofit Organizations
- Populations Served: Nonprofits
- Projects For: Law Students, Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice Insurance for Volunteer Lawyers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No