To Volunteer, Contact:
Jenna Finkle415-834-0100, ext 314
433 California Street, Suite 815San Francisco, CA 94104Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 415-834-0100
- Fax: 415-834-0202
- Website: http://www.one-justice.org
OneJustice offers a range of pro bono programs to law students and attorneys, including a focus on leveraging urban pro bono resources to serve rural Californians.
The Law Student Pro Bono Project: The Law Student Pro Bono Project provides law students with short-term and long-term legal volunteer projects in a variety of organizations, including legal aid agencies, court-based programs, social service providers and other legal services providers.
Pro Bono Project Descriptions:
Rural Education and Access to the Law (REAL) Program:
REAL's mission is to expose urban law students to the great need for legal services in rural areas of California and to inspire them to provide pro bono work once they become lawyers. OneJustice's Equal Justice Works AmeriCorps Fellow designs high-quality volunteer opportunities for urban law students to help rural legal services nonprofits and clients. These opportunities include:
REAL Research Service
To provide ongoing support for rural legal service programs, OneJustice created the REAL Research Service, which connects urban law students to research projects. This service saves rural programs resources while providing law students with valuable research experience. Legal service organizations work directly with OneJustice staff who coordinates research projects for law students. OneJustice staff coordinates research projects, assigns research projects to law students, and follows up with students to ensure the assignment is completed on-time. Through this project, law students are able to build their research skills, create a writing sample, explore different areas of law while supporting rural legal service organizations without traveling!
To participate in this project or get more information, contact Julie Mercer Ingram, OneJustice's's Equal Justice Works AmeriCorps Legal Fellow working on the REAL Project at email@example.com.
To learn more about our programs, please visit www.one-justice.org.
To learn more about our Justice Bus(TM) service learning project, go to http://one-justice.org/LawStudents
- State of Volunteer Opportunity: California
- Populations Served: legal services programs; indigent, seniors and people with disabilities
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Nonlitigation Projects
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Does the organization provide malpractice insurance for volunteers? Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No