Public Advocates *
- To Volunteer, Contact:
Carrie at Piper415-431-7430 ext 302
131 Steuart Street, Suite 300San Francisco, CA 94105Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (415) 431-7430
- Fax: (415) 431-1048
- Website: http://www.publicadvocates.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Advocates Inc. is a nonprofit law firm and advocacy organization that challenges the systemic causes of poverty and racial discrimination by strengthening community voices in public policy and achieving tangible legal victories advancing education, housing and transit equity. We spur change through collaboration with grassroots groups representing low-income communities, people of color and immigrants, combined with strategic policy reform, media advocacy and litigation, "making rights real" across California since 1971.
Pro Bono Project Description:
Pro bono opportunities are available for volunteers in the full range of our work to promote equity and systemic change.
• legislative and administrative research and policy analysis
• Sacramento based volunteers would be especially valuable!
• development of materials and training for community education projects
• civil rights impact litigation from development through discovery, trial and appeal (focused or comprehensive roles)
• exploration and fact-finding regarding potential projects
We are also eager to hear from people interested in building Public Advocates' community and outreach, or supporting our work through administrative pro bono and committee service. Areas for involvement include:
• community outreach and training
• social networking
• communications (web design and content, graphics, newsletter)
• event planning, hosting and audience building (annual dinner, house parties)
• law firm administration (library, records management, support staff professional development, insurance)
Contact: Carrie Piper at email@example.com 415-431-7430 ext 302.
- Location of Volunteer Opportunity: San Francisco
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Education, Housing, Please contact the program directly for information.
- Populations Served: Communities of Color, Low Income, All counties served.
- Projects For: Interpreters, Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Mentors/consultants, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Does the organization provide malpractice insurance for volunteers? Yes
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No