Santa Clara County Asian Law Alliance *
To Volunteer, Contact:
Richard Konda(408) 287-9710
184 Jackson StreetSan Jose 95112Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (408) 287-9710
- Fax: (408) 287-0864
- Website: http://www.asianlawalliance.org
Over the past 32 years as a nonprofit corporation, the Asian Law Alliance has helped tens of thousands of people in obtaining decent housing, justice in the immigration process, and access to basic human and legal rights.
Today, Asian/Pacific Islanders continue to be denied fundamental rights. ALA continues to keep its doors open for those individuals who are limited in English, who do not understand the legal system, who cannot afford legal fees and who face the reality of discrimination.
ALA provides multilingual, culturally sensitive legal services, community education and advocacy services to the low-income Asian/Pacific Islander population and low income population in Santa Clara County. Attorneys can assist with various research projects and the once a year Citizenship Day.
- County of Volunteer Opportunity: Santa Clara
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Consumer, Elder Law, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Nonprofit Organizations, Public Benefits, Please contact the program directly for information.
- Populations Served: Children, Communities of Color, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, Immigrants, Lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender, Low Income, Persons with Disabilities, Women, Working poor and unemployed, Low income Asian/Pacific Islander population
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals
- Need for non-English services: Spanish, any Asian or Pacific Islander language
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Does the organization provide malpractice insurance for volunteers? No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No