Current Developments in Federal Civil Practice 2018 (Webcast)
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
Practising Law InstituteMap:New York, NY
- Civil Procedure/Administrative Law
Why You Should Attend
Are you up-to-date on the important developments in federal civil practice and the implications of these developments for your cases? At Current Developments in Federal Civil Practice 2018, a distinguished faculty of trial lawyers and judges will provide a dynamic overview of significant recent developments and offer their insights on the impact of these developments for best practices throughout the life of a federal litigation.
What You Will Learn
• Recent decisions interpreting and applying the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence
• New developments in motion practice
• The "View from the Bench" - insight from federal judges on what they consider to be effective practices in pretrial proceedings and at trial
• New developments in electronic discovery and best practices
• Important ethical considerations in federal litigation practice
• Trial issues, including use of social media and expert witnesses
Who Should Attend
This program will be helpful for any attorney who litigates in federal court. Both new lawyers and experienced trial attorneys will appreciate the focus on recent developments and decisions, and the opportunity to hear the views of federal judges on these issues.
*Scholarships are available to participate in this program. See attached application.