Public Interest Boot Camp 2018
- 9:00 AM - 12:45 PM
- Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute
- Law Student
Why You Should Attend
Public interest law students working with low and moderate income communities often lack the experience to address the issues that many clients face when seeking legal services. The Public Interest Boot Camp is a free program designed to prepare law students holding summer internships with public interest law organizations, government agencies, and other legal nonprofits to better serve these clients. All students and public interest advocates are encouraged to view this program to develop new skills for productive and successful client relationships.
What You Will Learn
• How to better serve diverse communities by identifying and addressing personal bias
• The importance of professional responsibility for a successful summer internship
• Client-centered interviewing strategies
Who Should Attend
In addition to summer law students, all pro bono attorneys, legal organization staff, and other advocates seeking tools to better serve low and moderate income client communities would benefit from this program.
Practising Law Institute is pleased to partner with the State Bar of California, Standing Committee on the Delivery of Legal Services, the Pro Bono Training Institute, and the SoCal Pro Bono Managers, to coordinate and present this program.
Practising Law Institute800.260.4PLI
- Website: www.pli.edu
- Attachment(s): Program_Schedule_and_Faculty_(PB_Boot_Camp_18_SF).pdf