California Special Education Law 2019
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute
Full scholarships, registration fee waivers, and discounts to attend PLI programs are widely available to attorneys, paralegals, law librarians, and staff working for nonprofit/legal services organizations; pro bono attorneys/volunteers (providing no-fee legal assistance to clients individually or through a nonprofit organization); government attorneys; judges and judicial law clerks; law professors and law students; senior attorneys (age 65 and over); unemployed attorneys; and others with financial hardships. We encourage you to submit the simple three-question Fee Waiver Application.
Why You Should Attend
This program is designed to provide attorneys, advocates, school district employees, and service providers with an understanding of key issues and “hot topics” in special education law. The California Special Education Law 2019 program will look at the current application of recent Supreme Court, Ninth Circuit, and District Court decisions to evaluate the practical implications they have on the current state of the practice of special education law. It will also take a more in-depth look at key issues and trends that commonly arise in special education law.
What You Will Learn
- An in-depth look at the use of assessments and data to develop appropriate goals and programming for students with an IEP.
- A technical and substantive discussion of filing special education related issues in District Court.
- Legal and practical ramifications of the use of discipline, restraint, or seclusion for students with disabilities and disability-related behaviors.
- A detailed discussion of California law pertaining to students with reading disorders.
Who Should Attend
Attorneys, advocates, parents, or service providers interested in or currently assisting students/parents or school districts with special education matters. Appropriate for both new and seasoned practitioners.
Practising Law Institute8002604754
- Attachment(s): Program_Schedule_and_Faculty_(CA_Special_Edu_19_SF).pdf