What is probono.net?
Pro Bono Net (www.probono.net) is a national nonprofit organization. We work to bring the power of the law to all by building cutting-edge digital tools and fostering collaborations with the nation’s leading civil legal organizations. Pro Bono Net fulfills its mission of increasing access to justice through the following core programs:
- probono.net (www.probono.net) is a national, online resource for pro bono and legal aid attorneys, law professors and students, and related social services advocates. The site, which has more than 80,000 registered members, promotes collaboration and makes it easier for pro bono attorneys to get involved, saving them time and connecting them with opportunities, training, mentors and searchable libraries of practice resources.
- Remote Legal Connect (www.probono.net/programs/rlc/) allows legal services providers, pro bono initiatives, courts, and community partners to rapidly build and manage a legal support program. The platform also enables pro bono attorneys and clients to connect via video and share documents with each other before, during, and after a consultation.
- LawHelp.org (www.LawHelp.org) is a national, online resource that helps low-income people find local legal aid programs, answers to questions about legal rights, court information, self-help tools, links to social service agencies and more. An average of 13,000 people per day turn to LawHelp for assistance.
- LawHelp Interactive (www.LawHelpInteractive.org) is a national service providing free online legal document assembly, which enables thousands of low-income people each year to complete needed legal forms on their own, and increases efficiency for legal aid and pro bono programs. In 2019, more than 660,000 forms were assembled using LawHelp Interactive.
- Pro Bono Manager (www.probono.net/good) is a pro bono practice management service for law firms, which helps them run their pro bono programs more effectively and efficiently. Pro Bono Manager was developed as an earned-income initiative with support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Immigration Advocates Network (www.immigrationadvocates.org) is a project of Pro Bono Net and leading national immigrants’ rights organizations, which fosters collaboration among those serving low-income immigrants.
- Citizenshipworks (www.Citizenshipworks.org) provides easy-to-use online tools to help naturalization-eligible immigrants become U.S citizens, and is a project of Pro Bono Net, Immigration Advocates Network and the Immigrant Legal Resource Center. Citizenshipworks is the winner of the 2012 Webby Award for Best Law Site and the Webby People’s Voice Award for Best Law Site.
- immi (www.immi.org) helps immigrants in the U.S. understand their legal options. Our online screening tool, legal information, and referrals to nonprofit legal services organizations are always free to use. Immi is a project of the Immigration Advocates Network and Pro Bono Net.