Youth Law Center *
To Volunteer, Contact:
Mamie Yee(415) 543-3379, ext. 3914
200 Pine Street, Suite 300San Francisco, CA 94104Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (415) 543-3379
- Fax: (415) 956-9022
- Website: http://www.ylc.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Youth Law Center is a public interest law firm that works to protect children in the nation's foster care and juvenile justice systems from abuse and neglect, and to ensure that they receive the necessary support and services to become healthy and productive adults.
The Youth Law Center provides services that focus primarily on the problems of children living apart from their families in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems through public education, legislative advocacy, technical assistance and litigation.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Alameda, Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Contra Costa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Fresno, Glenn, Humboldt, Imperial, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Lake, Lassen, Los Angeles, Madera, Marin, Mariposa, Mendocino, Merced, Modoc, Mono, Monterey, Napa, Nevada, Orange, Placer, Plumas, Riverside, Sacramento, San Benito, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, San Mateo, Santa Barbara, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tulare, Tuolumne, Ventura, Yolo, Yuba
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Family & Juvenile, Please contact the organization directly for information.
- Populations Served: Children, all counties
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No